Hello and good morning!
NaNoWriMo is already under way and for some of you, this is your first time participating in this month-long writing phenomenon. I know when I first started, any tips or tricks were well appreciated.
This is my second year of doing NaNoWriMo so I know that the most important thing to tackling NaNo is to make sure I have a survival kit ready. When you hear the term “survival kit” it is applies to anything that you will need to write those fifty thousand words in thirty days. There is nothing that stifles my creativity more than having to waste time trying to find something.
My Survival Kit
- HP split laptop
- Microsoft Surface w/ keyboard
- Microsoft Word
- Project Binder
- Pen of Choice (currently Pilot Precise V5 RT)
- writing resource book (favorite is Your First Novel: Revised and Expanded Edition by Ann Rittenberg and Laura Whitcomb with Camille Goldin, Foreword by Dennis Lehane)
- The Merriam-Webster Dictionary of Synonyms and Antonyms
Other Writing Essentials
- Fall candles from Bath and Body Works
- Aromatherapy “Focus” anti-bacterial hand gel from Bath and Body Works
- Purse (to pack my writing essentials for writing on the go)
- Space Heater
- Yeti tumbler (my pink one is my favorite)
- steady stream of coffee, hot chocolate, and tea
- Quick and easy snacks
- Prepped meals for the family
These things are my absolute essentials. While I may grab for other things (draft paper, my white board) this is all I really need. Feel free to gather inspiration from my survival kit to create your own! I hope you enjoyed this and until next time…………