Hello readers! Today I wanted to share the books that I would like to read this month. I mentioned in my last blog that I had hit somewhat of a reading slump. I had received so many books through NetGalley and I ended up reading books that I found no joy in reading. After struggling to pick up a book that would break my slump, I decided to take desperate measures.
I Went Shopping
Up until this past month, I think I’ve bought, maybe, three books this year and all were nonfiction/self-help books. I had sworn at the end of last year that I would stop buying books until I’d read all the books that I own. But when I’m in a reading slump, there is nothing like a stroll through a bookstore to revive old habits. So that’s what I did! And I walked out of Books-A-Million with an armful of books. Needless to say, I’ve set these books aside, because I plan on reading them this month.
Before I get into my TBR, I wanted to share for those who aren’t familiar to the term what TBR stands for. TBR stands for To Be Read and is usually just a list, or pile/shelf/bag of books that you plan on reading. My TBR for this month is as follows:
- The Case For Jamie by Brittany Cavallaro
- Stepsister by Jennifer Donnelly
- Legendary by Stephanie Garber
- Sea Witch by Sarah Henning
- One Of Us Is Lying by Karen M. McManus
- People Like Us by Dana Mele
- Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
- A Gathering Of Shadows by V.E. Schwab
- The Evil Queen by Gena Showalter
- Laura Dean Keeps Breaking Up With Me by Rosemary Valero-O’Connell
And there you have it! I’m not limiting myself to only read these books. If I have time, I’m certain to pick up something else. I hope you enjoyed this and thanks for reading!