Day In the Life: 75 Hard Day 24

Hello all! I am back today with another “Day in the Life” style blog. If you’ve done 75 Hard, then you know that most days are a repeat of what you did the day before……workout, eat, workout, eat, sleep. I’m not going to complain because I have never been happier. I feel like I mention this in almost every blog now but I am so much stronger. I have so much more energy and an all around positive mood. I decided to record this day simply because it was the first time I was leaving the house in like a week.

Wake Up

This was a regular day I had off, however my husband had to go in so I had the whole day to myself! I’ve been naturally waking up earlier and earlier. On this day I woke up a little before 7 AM. I pulled on a quick workout outfit and started my usual morning routine (feeding my pets, opening up the shades, and planning out my day). I don’t know about you, but my gym outfit sets the tone for my workout. These shoes are a couple years old and are my Nike Tanjun. Bike shorts are from Gymshark from their Fit line. I also love working out in the morning with a long sleeve shirt, this one is just a long-john type, just because I work out in our basement and it is always about 10 degrees colder than the rest of the house. It also helps me sweat a little more, which is a weird goal for me during my workouts.

First Workout

Today’s workout was Total Body Tone from 9 Week Control Freak (Beachbody), Phase 2, Week 2. That took roughly 30 minutes and then I finished with another 30 minutes doing short sprints on the treadmill. 75 Hard only calls for two 45 minute workouts, but I’ve been increasing it to an hour each, depending on how my body is feeling. It felt amazing! I’ve also been able to run for longer periods of time. The key is having a hype playlist that I will play using my tv.

Get Ready to Be Productive

After my workout, I showered and officially got ready for the day. Doing this challenge, I change my clothes on average three times a day. If I stay in my sweaty clothes, my skin starts to itch and I will break out everywhere. My second outfit consisted of more Gymshark leggings (flex high-rise), my Nike cropped tank, and my Nike Pegasus 37. My husband recently got me a pair with the yellow details and I am obsessed! My big trip out of the house was a grocery run. I was actually so proud of myself, looking at my cart, there was very minimal pre-packaged/processed food. Go me! As soon as I got back, I put everything away and went to sit down as my knee was killing me. I injured it sometime last month on a cycling bike and so it hurts off and on. I have no doubt that the increased intensity of my workouts is what’s causing it to flare up again. So I sat for a bit with some ice on it, and read and just sort of relaxed.


I still haven’t been breaking my fast until after noon. I had some eggs and broccoli that I had left over from breakfast the day before. It wasn’t much so I took out some leftovers from my dinner the day before. It was so good. Rice, shaved carrots, broccoli, ground turkey, and some coconut aminos. I will for sure make this again. I am also getting better at knowing when I’m eating because I’m hungry or if I’m eating because I’m bored. The moment that I felt satisfied I pushed the bowl away.

Second Workout

My second workout of the day was my usual afternoon walk. I am walking farther and getting a better time each day. I still don’t run outside yet and I feel like that’s more mental for me. I’m a curvy girl and I still have a little jiggle when I run and I’m self-conscious. The road that I walk is a country road but it’s still traveled frequently. I am making a vow to myself here and now though that I will be running my route by the end of summer. When I got back from my walk, instead of collapsing in a wheezing heap, I took my dog outside with me and played basketball for a little bit. My husband just recently set up a basketball hoop for us and I couldn’t be more excited. Anything that keeps me active and outside I am all for.


Once I was sufficiently tired from basketball, I came back inside. I did sit to read a little but I knew if I was going to have dinner ready for my husband I needed to start early. I was making stuffed shells from Beachbody’s Fixate program. They are so good and it helps my family eat a little healthier. I also made a separate batch filled with ricotta cheese. While waiting for those to finish, I made a batch of peanut butter oat cookies. So good!

Wrapping Up

I waited until my husband got home to eat dinner with him. I realized as I was making plans for the next day that I didn’t get half of what was on my to-do list for the day. I don’t regret it, though. The past week, I had crammed my days full of chores and reading and school work that it felt nice to let things slip up for just a day. After we ate we went outside and spent some time playing basketball together. We didn’t spend long outside, but it was so nice to just spend some quality time with him away from the tv and our phones.

After that, we spent a few extra minutes at the dinner table so I could finish my 10 pages of my non-fiction book and finish up the last 8 oz. of water to finish my requirements for 75 Hard. By then it was getting close to 9 o’clock and we were both exhausted so we decided to go to call it a night.

I hope you enjoyed this day in my life doing 75 Hard. If you want to see more like this, be sure to like or follow me here and on Instagram. I’ve been posting more to my stories rather than my feed lately. I’ll definitely have to start posting my progress pics more.

Thank you all for reading and until next time…………….

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s