Weekend In the Life: Hair Appointments & Being Productive!

Hello all! I love doing these day in the life blogs so I decided what better day to share than one that was so productive! There wasn’t much though to put just for one day, so I decided to spread it out over the entire weekend.


I was able to wake up naturally this morning, which was really nice instead of a blaring alarm. Even without an alarm, I was still up by 0830. My husband had an order of decking that was scheduled to come today so we had to be up to coordinate that. So by 0930, I was in the basement getting my workout in. I’ve noticed that even on those days I just don’t feel good (um, hello endometriosis) I feel so much more accomplished and productive and plain happy when I get my workout in. Today was a back & biceps day using Kelly Yager’s Fit & Functional workout guide. If you haven’t already, be sure to check out my Summer Morning Routine, as I go in to more detail about what I’ve been doing lately for my first workout of the day. It took longer than normal as well because of my oldest cat, Goober, constantly under foot. By the time I was finished, it was already twelve o’clock. After my workout, I loaded up the dishwasher and started a load of dishes. By that time, my protein shake was gone and I was ready for my shower.

Right after my shower, I decided to heat up some leftovers from the night before. One thing that definitely went on my to-do list for the day was to make a grocery list. After I was done eating, I really hunkered down and got to work. I finalized adding pictures do a blog post I had been working on and got that uploaded. I did some major adulting and got quite a few bills paid. My bank account is still crying from that one. After a call from Ulta reminding me about my hair appointment for that day, I spent the next hour or so finally coming to a decision on a hair color. I haven’t gotten my hair done since maybe August of last year and so it was way overdue.

I spent the next couple of hours working on another blog post for later this month. (Hint: It has to do with new clothes) My husband made us some early dinner just as his deck boards were delivered. I’ll admit, I did not help move them. Time sort of flew after that, so in no time it was time for my hair appointment. My husband took his daughter to go play at a local arcade while I got it done. My hair always takes three hours to get done, just because of how much there is. We went super bright platinum and chopped off a good 6 inches. My stylist did such a good job. By the time we got home, it was so late and I was so tired but we still did a late night ice cream run. My step-daughter also convinced us to get her a Cricut machine. So we were up later than I had planned so she could start playing with that.


I slept in as late as I could this day, just because of how late we were up on Friday. Again, I was still up by 9 o’clock. This was the second day of my period, so I did not just jump right into working out. I was so worried about setting off a chain event where I would sort of bring on the cramps and then not be able to move for the rest of the day. So I decided to push it back until all my errands were done for the day.

I ended up messaging my hair stylist in the morning as well because I wear my hair up a lot and I noticed quite a few orangish tones underneath. Luckily, I had already scheduled another appointment for my step-daughter that very day, so she let me have her appointment so I could get a touch up on the roots. With my lighter skin tone and the platinum, it made me look really washed out, so I wanted to do a shadow root look to add more contrast between the blonde and my skin color.

Today was our grocery day as well, so first thing we all went to Giant and picked up some odds and ends. This was followed by another trip to Walmart for more materials for my step-daughter’s Cricut machine. She dove straight into designing shirts and stickers as soon as she got home. After the groceries were put away, we all sort of went our separate ways to get some work done for the day. My husband started working on his deck again, which was starting to look so good!

In the afternoon, I went back to Ulta to get my roots redone. I want to say, too, this was at no fault to my stylist. I told her I wanted blonde all the way up to my scalp. I honestly did not realize how it would look on me. So this mistake was on me and I paid to have it redone. My step-daughter went with me as well so that we could get a preliminary look at her hair and talk to them about what she wanted. It also helped that Michael’s was right next door and she was begging to get more supplies for her Cricut. I was so much happier with my look the second time around. We toned down the blonde into a more silver/gray look and did a root melt. And then, as I mentioned, we went right to Michael’s afterward and got a lot more supplies for the Cricut.

We rounded out the evening by making my favorite home comfort food of chicken pot pie and watching some RuPaul’s Drag Race!


This was the final day for my three-day weekend. So it was time to get some serious work done. The day started with another of Kelly Yager’s workouts. Being’s I didn’t work out the day before, I wanted to make up for it today. The first workout was quads/glutes. After my workout, I started some dishes and clothes (which seems to be a daily thing anymore). I got the first part of my homework done. More of my GNC order came in along with my Erin Condren planner so that was a nice Sunday surprise. I took a quick break then to get some breakfast in to refuel before going back downstairs for another workout.

I was dead by the end of that second workout. Afterword, I spent a few hours working on content for the upcoming week. I’ve been trying to post every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. I’ve been doing pretty good so far, knock on wood. I did some simple meal prep for my upcoming work days. Over this weekend, I noticed that I sort of fell off track a bit with my nutrition. So the start of the week is always a great way to reel it in and get back on track. I do have a What I Eat In a Day post planned for later this month, so stay tuned for that!

I spent a good hour or so finishing up some homework for the week and looking at the assignments for the next week. This is where I broke out my new productivity notebook from Erin Condren. I planned out my homework and the workouts that I wanted to do for the week. I also needed to plan out my writing. If you haven’t checked it out already, I recently uploaded an update on my writing and gave myself some deadlines to start holding myself accountable.

As it started to hedge into the evening hours, I started wrapping up some final chores around the house and start my evening routine to get ready for bed! I hope you all enjoyed this weekend in my life. If you liked this kind of content be sure to like this post and follow for more. Thank you so much for reading and until next time……………

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s