Day In The Life: Sunday Reset

Hello all! As you know, if you’ve read some of my recent blogs, I recently tested positive for Covid-19. Believe me, I am already scheduling my vaccine, hopefully by the time this blog goes live. I am almost entirely symptom free, albeit a lingering cough. It’s no where near as bad as it was, so I’m thankful. Beings I have asthma and a dumb immune system, I feel extremely lucky that I managed to stay out of the emergency room on this one. Anyways, by the time this goes live, I will already be back at work (yay). So, this Sunday was planned to be an extremely busy day as I wrapped things up. Being sick for so long, there was a lot of things that I’ve been neglecting. My husband, bless him, did his best to keep the house in livable conditions, but it was hard because I got him sick and then my step-daughter got sick by the end of the week. It was a mess, let me tell you.


Once again, I didn’t wake up until close to 10:30 am. If you know me, then you know I hate sleeping in, as much as it feels good sometimes. I had a lot to do, so I had to hit the ground running. I got dressed in some workout clothes and gathered up some laundry to get started while I did my workout. I did part of Kelly Yager’s Fit & Functional Q3 Guide. I was only shooting for 45 minutes, so I didn’t get all of it done. Afterward, I immediately got my protein in. I am so happy that my appetite is slowly coming back!

I took some time then to write down everything that I had to get done for that day. There was quite a bit of homework on that list, so I decided to tackle some of that right away. I hadn’t realized that I had three papers due, so I was a little stressed. It took maybe an hour to get part of the discussion done so I decided to get some dishes and clothes done. I’m the type of person who will keep clean clothes in a laundry basket until I literally have no more room, so it was time to put all my laundry for the week away.


By 2 o’clock, I realized the day was starting to get away from me. So I grabbed an afternoon snack and decided to hunker down and get more of my homework done. I forced myself to get out of the house and got gas. When I got home, I decided to procrastinate doing more homework, and instead meal prepped for work the next day. Normally, I will meal prep at least two days in advance. However, I was struggling wanting to eat, so I figured I would just do one day to test it out. It was my hope that after a day of returning to normal, then maybe my appetite would be as well. My husband made us some lunch, which was delicious. Afterwards, I went out for my walk. Let me tell you, it was over 90 degrees and it was freaking miserable. When I got home, I leaned against my husband’s truck to collect myself before I could go inside, because I felt like I was going to pass out. Seriously, what is wrong with me?


Once I got home, I immediately started to rehydrate with ice pops and ice water. I was also starting to get hungry again, so I made a frozen dinner that I got to kind of get me back into eating. I was also working on a what I eat in a day post, so I wrapped that up. That should be going up sometime around the time this blog goes live. After eating, I watched a little bit of a movie, then it was time to shower. I felt so much better afterward. Even our house has been so humid lately, so I just feel sticky and gross almost 24/7. After my shower, I started to gather everything up for work the next day.

Overall, it was a really chill day and not as productive as I would have liked. But it’s fine beings as I’m still sort of sick.

Thank you so much for reading, and until next time………….

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s