Day in the Life: Trying to Stay Sane

Hello all! I always seem to start these off by saying that this is one of the few days off that I have. Unfortunately, this is another one. I had just come off another 3 week drive of working every single day. The day I decided to do this was a Friday starting my 3-day weekend off work. However, my husband and his sister made plans for us all to go out of state the next day (which was an all day freaking event) and then I had to go back to work that Sunday. So Friday was literally my only day to get everything done and I was not a happy camper.

Morning Workout

I haven’t been feeling the best this week so I decided to sleep in a little. I was still up by 7 but that little bit helped so much. Knowing that the day was going to suck, I wore my new favorite shirt from Slam Club. This is honestly my absolute, hands down, favorite thing I’ve gotten lately. Not only is the quality outstanding, but when I see it, it just calms me because the words resonate with me so much. I truly have found an escape through working out and it has made a world of difference with my mental health.

So this morning I decided to do a metcon circuit workout followed by a very quick sprint on the treadmill. I wanted to do longer but I knew that I would want to work out later so I didn’t want to push it. That and I had so much to do that day, it was insane.


The problem with working every single day is that schoolwork often gets pushed to the side. So I had an entire week’s worth of schooling to do in a matter of a few hours. You can see why I was stressing hardcore. I did take a break about midway through to get some breakfast and get some chores done. That’s another thing that was starting to fall behind and it frustrated me. But I powered through, sucked it up, and just did what I had to do. What I ended up doing was dedicating the majority of my morning to the homework side of things. After noon I took another break from that to get ahead on content for the following week and update my Instagram. By now you’ve taken notice of the link to my Spotify playlist, so be sure to check that out for some morning workout motivation! Also, my Instagram can always be found at the bottom of the page. I’ve been posting a lot to my stories every single day now, so follow me if you want a real day in the life!

Afternoon Run

By 3:00 pm I knew that I needed to take a break from my computer screen because I was getting stressed out. So I quickly changed into my running shoes and hit the road. One thing I’ve noticed as I progress is that I am going further and further with my run before I have to stop to catch my breath. I have officially surpassed the 1 mile straight! My afternoon walk/run is 3.4 miles and I am efficiently running at least 1.5 of that. My employer recently hired a new HR manager and we hit it off immediately. She is a runner as well just starting out and she introduced me to Strava, which is an app designed for runners to map out their progress. I’m still learning how to use it so I’ll be waiting to share on that more. That aside, it was a really good run. It was misting on and off which felt so good ’cause I was sweating like crazy. I also wore my Whitney Simmons sports bra in honor of the massive amount of money I spent the day prior and that morning on her latest launch (haul to come). I felt so damn good and I know I made at least one person’s day 😉 .

Lunch Time/Grocery Shopping

The moment I got home I decided to get something to eat and watch a little YouTube and catch my breath. However, just like everything else this day, I couldn’t spend much time resting as I had shit to do! By 5:00 I tore my husband and his daughter away from their Fortnite so that we could go get groceries for the week. We hit up Giant first as there were some cold press juices and produce that I can only find there. I’m not ready for fall yet but I was really craving some more fall-esque meals with chicken, green beans, and potatoes (with a healthy twist). After Giant we stopped off at another grocery store (weis) for the remainder of the items we needed. My husband was craving Burger King, so we went out of our way to go there before finally heading home.

Crunch Time

After the groceries were put away, it was back to my office to get homework done. I was really hoping that the trip for the next day would be cancelled (no such luck). So, I stuck with it and got it done a little before 10:00. Let me tell you, this is the only time I have ever gotten an entire week’s worth of schoolwork done in one day but it’s something I don’t really want to do again. After submitting my final assignment, I worked on content again for a little while and listened to some music to help ease some of that tension that had built up over the day. I got as much done there as I could before switching gears and heading to the kitchen to begin meal prepping for the upcoming week. Knowing that the next two days would be lost to me, I absolutely had to get my lunch prepped so that I could stay on track with my nutrition.

I ended up prepping some spaghetti squash with some meat sauce that could be topped over that. This was made more so for dinner/after work if I was still hungry. I also made a sort of bento breakfast type thing with Kodiak waffles that I cut up, some Applegate maple turkey sausage, and an egg scramble. I managed to get my shaker bottles and other supplements that I use in the mornings prepped first thing, so that was already finished.

While all this was going on, I did manage to get in a lesson for my NASM course. I was able to get three loads of laundry done and a load of dishes as well, which was so nice. I didn’t get to sleep until closer to 2:00 in the morning, but I felt so relieved knowing that the bulk of everything was done. The next day was a long one, but I was a lot less stressed knowing that I may workload was basically done for the weekend.

This was one of the most productive days that I have had in a very long time! I hope you enjoyed this and, again, be sure to follow me on Instagram to see realtime day in my life on my stories. As always, thank you so much for reading and until next time……..

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s