Busy Sunday Reset: Grocery Shopping, Cleaning, Etc

Hello all! I’ve missed doing these fun day in the life style blogs. My husband has three YouTube channels that he creates for and I do a lot of video recording and editing for projects at work. That being said, I’ve been kind of wanting to starting dabbling in the world of YouTube myself. I’ll keep you updated as far as that goes, as I’m sure I would want to integrate that here as well. But anyways, let’s get in to this busy Sunday!

Getting My Day Started

I slept in until a little after 08:00 this morning. It is starting to hedge in to fall here in the northern states, so it’s staying dark and dreary longer which I am here for. I also try to catch up on sleep every other weekend as this is the only time where there aren’t alarms going off at the butt crack of dawn. There was a lot of things that had to get done this day, so I hit the ground running. After getting dressed, I went downstairs right away to get my “children” their food and refill their water dishes. They make sure that I make them my top priority for the day.

After I had them taken care of, I went back upstairs to grab some laundry to get that started. Trust me when I say it was a mountain of dirty laundry on my floor. My laundry room is in the basement and our bedrooms are on the second floor so I was definitely getting some stairs in this morning. After I got that going, I immediately started cleaning out the fridge since I knew I was going to get groceries. By that time my husband was up. Lately, he is like me and immediately starts on content creation for a little bit when he wakes up. Him being a go getter has been helping me find my motivation as well.

I made myself a cup of coffee with my new pumpkin creamer and worked on some content while I waited on my family to wake up.

Errands and Lunch Time

We decided to make a one stop shopping trip today at Walmart. I absolutely do not like going anywhere on Sundays. I usually have way too much to do so anytime I have to leave the house on this day, I want it to be over as quickly as possible. Also, I’m not sure if anyone else experiences this with their Walmart, but lately it feels like absolute chaos in that place. Kids screaming, carts blocking aisles. It’s enough I want to pull my hair out. Thankfully we were there early enough that we beat the majority of the crowds. We grabbed our groceries and things for my oil change and we were out. Well that and we grabbed a few more Pokemon cards for our growing collection. I did find some interesting finds in the cereal aisle that I wouldn’t have found if i would have just ordered grocery deliver, so that was a plus.

As soon as we got home and put the groceries away, I tasked the family with helping to prep for lunch. With the weather changing, everyone was in agreement that it was the perfect weekend to make a nice hot soup, with the top choice being chicken pot pie. With the chicken in the oven and food prepped, I swapped out another load of laundry.

I introduced my stepdaughter to the Netflix movies Fear Street, which I had started watching a few months prior but never finished. With the dreary weather, again it seemed like the perfect time to start it up again with Fear Street 1992 part one.

House Projects and Homework

By 2:00 we had lunch wrapped up and it was on to Fear Street Part 2. As much as I wanted to dive in to a food coma, we had other work to do. So I hounded my husband to finish up the trim in the living room that’s been on his to-do list for probably a month now. With our schedules lately and the heat, I honestly couldn’t blame him but since this was a four day weekend for him it seemed like a good day to get these projects wrapped up. Afterwards I chased him out to change the oil in my truck.

While my husband was changing my oil, and my stepdaughter moved on to Fear Street Part 3, I slammed through the last of my assignments for the week. This week marked the start of my Desktop Publishing class. If you are new here, I am a part-time student at Southern New Hampshire University earning my Bachelor’s Degree in Communications.

Wrapping Up the Day

As much as I wanted to relax after being on the go all day, at 05:00 my work was still not done. Immediately after closing out my laptop, I went back downstairs to swap out the clothes once more and began folding the mountain that I had already done. I was trying to do my best to ignore the pile of dirty clothes that was already growing on my floor again….. Once the clothes were put away, it was time to put together our bookshelf for our growing collection of Pokemon cards and boxes.

By the time that was up, I officially called it quits and relaxed with some Netflix.

Thank you all so much for reading and until next time!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s