I have been waiting nearly 13 years to have a buddy read with my stepdaughter. And it’s happening this month!
So for those of you that are new……….first off, welcome!…….but also I have a 12-year-old stepdaughter that loves to read. Ok, maybe I wouldn’t go as far as saying she loves to read. More like she has to because of school but we find ways to make it fun.
She recently finished reading the entire Series of Unfortunate Events books and she was so proud of herself. It actually really helped having the Netflix series to keep her wanting to go back to continue reading because she wanted to see what came next. So, Netflix, thank you.
Anyways, all that to say that she recently picked up Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone because she wanted to go through and read that entire series. Since she knew that I also have the entire series, she asked if I wanted to buddy read with her as a way to keep her motivated. I mean, I would be insane if I said no.
With that being said, I am keeping my list this month very casual since I want to make sure that I’m prioritizing those books with her. Her goal is to finish all 7 of the original books by the end of 2022.
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone – J.K. Rowling
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets – J.K. Rowling
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban – J.K. Rowling
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire – J.K. Rowling
- Golden Fool – Robin Hobb
- Kingdom of the Wicked – Kerri Maniscalco
- Ninth House – Leigh Bardugo
- Bridge of Souls – V.E. Schwab
- Gallant – V.E. Schwab
Carry Over From Previous Month
- Neon Gods – Katee Robert